Update, June 2021. As safety regulations ease, we have been doing more and more traditional office shoots. Everyone on my team is fully vaccinated, so we feel comfortable indoors both with and without masks. As a default, though, we take full safety precautions unless advised otherwise by everyone involved in the shoot.
Almost daily, we get asked if safely creating high quality photos in the midst of this pandemic is possible. This is all we thought about for the last year. As we embrace the “new normal,” we’ve implemented a set of protocols to ensure a safe and harmonious shoot for everyone. So, happily, the answer is “Yes, absolutely!”
So, what’s changed? We still have the same commitment to excellence and professionalism, and our goal is always to create fantastic photography. Only now, our shoots look a bit different. Here’s what precautions you can expect:
- My eyes are smiling. All members of our crew will be wearing masks at all times. In addition, we ask that you wear a mask unless you’re in front of the camera and the shutter’s clicking.
- Being intuitive and efficient. Shooting predominantly with natural light ensures quick sessions without drawn-out technical fussing.
- Keeping our distance. To keep as much distance between you and the camera as possible; we opt for long lenses that allow you to seem close up when you are 10 – 12 feet back. In addition, to avoid crowding around a capture station/laptop, we post a preview gallery so you can choose your favorite images on your own computer. Digital assistants are also available who can stream previews to a tablet in real time. We ask that only the minimum necessary people inhabit the immediate shooting space.
- Outdoor shoots when possible. We’re great at finding flattering natural light both outdoors and in, so if rain or cold make being outside impractical, we look for large, bright common spaces with room to spread out and good air circulation.
- Modified group photography. We will work with you to shoot group portraits that allow everyone to be safely distant, using careful placement and/or post-production manipulation to make people appear closer together. We'll never ask you to pose close to someone in a way that makes you uncomfortable.
- Super sanitization. We keep high standards of cleanliness for our equipment, which we thoroughly sanitize between assignments.
- Not feeling so hot? Stay home! If you, or anyone we’ll be shooting, develops symptoms of COVID-19, we can reschedule the shoot without any cancellation fees. We also pledge to reschedule if we are experiencing compromised health.
We're dedicated to celebrating - and maintaining - your energy, engagement, and vibrancy.